Hi, I am Purvi,
Having worked with several Humanitarian and Environmental NGO's in India, I believe Climate change is a concern which requires priority for the existence of all beings. Immediate action, networking along with support from all individuals is required to keep from further destruction of our Planet and our existence.
This journey for me is not only about educating but also learning from various NGO's, activists and individuals about their take on the Planet we live in.
Miss Purvi Makwana
- Birhdate : August 2, 1984
- Mail : purv_mATyahoo.co.in
- Adress : 4, Atithya - Arthur Road - Subhash Nagar – Mumbai – 400011 - India
- November 2004 - February 2004. World Social Forum / International Youth Camp. Worked as volunteer. Organizing more than 20 000 participants and volunteers present at the IYC Camp in Mumbai.
- July 2006 - October 2006. Dahanu Taluka Environnement Weflare Association (www.freedahanu.org). Worked with the community to take a stand against the Fly ash problem created by the Reliance thermal power plant. Worked on solid waste management awareness by carrying out exhibitions for the district of Dahanu in 3 schools explaining the basics of SWM to almost 2 000 students
- October 06 - January 2007. Worked independently with Ms Nargis Irani to create a brief for the lawyer against the Supreme Court of India and Reliance's contempt of Court in disobeying the orders.
- January 07- Travelled with Shantisalaam (www.shantisalaam.org). A trio who had travelled from Washington DC through Pakistan and then to India preaching peace through Music. Travelled to Nasik Yoga Point, Gujarat (riot affected areas & activists) and Rajasthan. Helped with Coordination, translation and motivating the youth for better future.
- February 2007 – October 2007. Currently working with Ram Sampath (www.ramsampath.com) &
- Sona Mohapatra (www.sonatheartiste.com) as an assistance producer.
- Also have volunteered for numerous festivals : South East Asian Film Festival (Mumbai), Peace and Justice in South East Asia Conference Mumbai, Conference on Peoples Foreign Policy, etc.
- Hindi, English, Marathi, Gujarati : native.
- French : basic.
- Video editing. Event coordination. Transcripting.